- Jan 2009 - The KnowledgeVision platform is developed at DigiNovations, a Boston-based media production company. Originally named "KnowledgeView" and used as a production tool; customers request how they can purchase direct access to the platform.
- Apr 2010 - KnowledgeVision Systems is formed as an independent company.
- May 2010 - We introduced live webcasting as part of the KnowledgeVision solution
- Jan 2011 - GrandBank Capital's venture fund backs us in a major way.
- March 2011 - We team up with 3PlayMedia to bring searchable, interactive transcripts to online presentations.
- July 2011 - A new self-service platform, Knovio, enters beta testing as an experiment; it would later become our biggest product.
- Sept 2011 - We introduce the "Talking Landing Page" at DreamForce; CRW names it one of the five top products at the show.
- Jan 2012 - We introduce the "flipped webinar", and demonstrate it with several flipped webinars of our own.
- May 2012 - We incorporate advanced analytics, viewer-level tracking, and engagement scoring into our platform. A patent for this technology would later be issued.
- November 2012 - We complete an integration with the Marketo marketing automation platform, and become a Marketo LaunchPoint partner.
- April 2013 - Our advanced viewer-level tracking solution wins an Edison Award for product innovation.
- Sept 2013 - We begin assembling collections of video presentations into microsites and galleries called "Showcases".
- Feb 2014 - We go fully mobile with our adaptive, responsive, HTML5 players.
- Apr 2014 - We launch the Knovio Mobile app for Apple's iPad.
- June 2014 - Aragon Research names KnowledgeVision a "hot vendor" in content creation and collaboration.
- Oct 2014 - We launch the KnowledgeVision SalesForce Connector at Dreamforce.
- March 2015 - Quizzes and assessments become part of the KnowledgeVision and Knovio platform.
- July 2015 - We officially introduce Knovio Web, unifying our content creation interface across desktop and mobile devices.
- August 2015 - Knovio Pro brings advanced interactive features to individual users in a subscription product.
- Oct 2015 - We release the iPhone version of the Knovio Mobile app.
- Jan 2016 - Knovio Gold adds quizzes and assessments to the individual subscription version of Knovio, targeted toward educators and trainers.
- June 2016 - We announce a partnership with Jenzabar, a leading provider of higher education infrastructure, to bring Knovio Campus to market.
- June 2017 - We announce a partnership with MediaPlatform, an enterprise online video platform, to embed Knovio technology in its PrimeTime video platform.
- Oct 2016 - We introduce the first of our collaboration workflows: Invite, which enables users to invite others to create Knovio content if if they don't have a Knovio account.
- Feb 2017 - We launch Knovio Suite, which brings to individual users all the power and capability that had previously been reserved for our large corporate accounts.
- Mar 2017 - We introduce a whole new generation of highly visual dashboards and reports.
- Apr 2017 - The United States Patent and Trademark Office issues Patent No. 9,633,358 for KnowledgeVision's viewer-level tracking and engagement scoring system and its connections to 3rd party systems such as marketing automation.
- May 2017 - Our entire platform for enterprise, business, education, and individuals is unified under the Knovio brand.
- June 2017 - We introduce Knovio 3.0, with a radically simplified user interface for uploading, managing, and sharing smart media content.
- July 2017 - We introduce Knovio Showcases, a workflow for organizing collections of smart media content into instant microsites.
- November 2017 - We introduce significant enhancements to our "guestbook" registration feature, allowing clients to more tightly control and track access to their smart media content.
- December 2017 - We team up with Brightcove, the global streaming video platform, to bring a new live multimedia webcasting platform to market, under the brand Knovio Live.
- January 2018 - We introduce the unique NeverLateTM feature to Knovio Live, using patent-pending technology to allow viewers to pause, review, and even watch live programs from the beginning, even if they arrive late -- all while keeping multimedia program elements in perfect synchronization.
- February 2018 - Shared and scheduled reports are added to Knovio's market-leading analytics suite.
- May 2018 - We release Video Enhancement Suite designed specifically for Brightcove VideoCloud. with Knovio, VideoCloud users can quickly create and share multimedia live and on-demand video presentations.
- July 2018 - We partner with InPlayer to offer PayWall services for both individual Knovios and showcases.
- August 2018 - We were awarded patent U.S. Patent No. 10,033,825, “Slice-and-stitch approach to editing media (video or audio) for multimedia online presentations”.
- October, 2019 - KnowledgeVision merges with OpenExchange, Inc.